Montana Armor is a protective finish that keeps your Montana Silversmiths jewelry and buckles from tarnishing.
How to Clean Montana Silversmiths Jewelry and Buckles
18 Fit Dennison 40 084 SS Formal Men Slim Plain s Shirt Blue TMVY9 Don’t let cleaning your Montana Silversmiths creation get you down! Whether your piece commemorates a certain time, place, or moment in your life (or you bought it because it was just too beautiful to do without), concerns about maintaining its luster should never outweigh the joy you get from wearing your treasured accessory.
With that approach in mind, Montana Silversmiths buckles and jewelry have very simple maintenance guidelines.
Grab a cotton cloth
To clean Montana Silversmiths jewelry, all you need to do is wipe down your piece with a dry, 100% cotton cloth to remove any impurities that may have gathered while wearing it.
That’s it. Really!
While we don’t recommend it, you may also use mild soap and water as needed, and pat dry with a soft cloth. Montana Silversmiths buckles and jewelry have a patented protective finish called Montana Armor, which can keep tarnishing at bay. This finish does a lot of the work for you and makes your accessories pretty low maintenance.
Tips to make sure the Montana Armor finish remains intact
- Please keep your piece away from jewelry cleaners, silver cleaners, treated polishing cloths, perfumes, hairspray, lotions, hand-sanitizers, and make-up.
- Do not soak your item in water for too long or fail to rinse away soap, if used to clean.
- Any of these items can damage the protective lacquer and cause tarnishing to occur.
- When you’re getting ready in the morning, put your Montana Silver piece on last to avoid these potentially harmful substances.
- Save that little blue velvet box. It is best to tuck away your cherished item when you’re not wearing it.
If my jewelry piece looks tarnished or is turning dark, what do I do?
Add a little elbow grease to that 100% cotton, dry cloth. The soft cloth will be kind to the intricate engraving and details, and it will not harm the Montana Armor lacquer. If you must, try some mild soap and a little water, then pat dry with a soft cloth. Just be absolutely sure you don’t leave any residue, or it will cause more harm than good down the road.
Can I soak it?
If you want our honest opinion, soaking your accessory is not the best solution, and we don’t recommend it. Soaking your product in water, failing to remove all the soap or treating your jewelry with silver cleaners or polishing cloths can remove the protective lacquer and cause the item to tarnish.
Remember: when it comes to cleaning a Montana Silversmiths product, the simplest method is best. Montana Silversmiths wants your product to bring you happiness — not angst over care. Enjoy!